Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein will be interviewed on Boulder’s independent college radio station Radio1190AM News Underground with Joe Oria on Monday, August 13 at 6 p.m.! If you happen to miss it, the interview should be archived here soon.
Greater Boulder Green Party August 9th Meeting notes:
- Topics of Discussion included the Jill Stein campaign, Clean Water Colorado, and No War on Iran and an excerpt from the movie “Crisis Civilization” was shown. The Crisis of Civilization (http://crisisofcivilization.com/) is a documentary about how global crises like ecological disaster, financial meltdown, dwindling oil reserves, terrorism and food shortages are symptoms of a failing global system.
- Treasury file is up to date and in compliance with campaign finance reporting. The treasury report for 7/26 was filed and the next report is due September 16. Thanks Tom Hall!
- NEXT MEETING THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH at 6:30 p.m., at the George Reynolds branch of the Boulder Public Library, 3595 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder 80305
Upcoming Events/Get Involved:
- STATEWIDE CONVERGENCE TO STOP THE FRACK ATTACK
Tuesday, AUGUST 14, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
COLORADO CONVENTION CENTER IN DENVER
Colorado Frack Attack ~ 350 Colorado ~ Commerce City United NOW ~ Occupy Colorado Springs ~ Food and Water Watch ~ East Boulder County United ~ Boulder County Citizens for Community Rights ~ Occupy Denver ~ The Mothers Project • Colorado ~ Clean Water Communities ~ No Fracking in Colorado Springs ~ Occupy Longmont ~ Lafayette Progressives ~ Boulder MoveOn ~ Greater Boulder Green Party ~ Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center ~ Occupy Boulder ~ Lakewood Fracktivists ~ Frack Files Weld County ~ Earth Guardians ~ Rio Grande Watchdogs ~ Denver MoveOn ~ Longmont ROAR ~ Citizens for Huerfano County ~ Grassroots Energy Activist Network (GREEN) ~For more information about Colorado Frack Attack visit their Facebook or Twitter page.
- Saturday, August 18 @ 9 a.m. Take a Stand Against Fracking at the scene of the crime in Boulder County!
Occupy Boulder in coalition with 350 Colorado, Commerce City United NOW, Boulder County Citizens for Community Rights, East Boulder County United, The Mothers Project, Colorado Frack Attack, Occupy Colorado Springs. Directions to the Fracking Site:
Near 12252 Niwot Rd. Longmont, CO
North on East County Line Rd from Hwy 52.
Turn west on Niwot Rd. A mile or two down on the south side. For more information visit OccupyBoulder.org.
- At the Boulder August Town Hall meeting for District 2 with representative Jared Polis, Concord Coalition workbooks were passed out to think about how to balance the budget. The Concord Coalition is known for its focus on balancing the budget, with an emphasis on the mandatory spending portion of the budget including Social Security and Medicare and less attention given to discretionary spending and to increasing revenue. Local citizens voiced their opinions at his meeting as well as on KGNU and are encouraged to attend the upcoming District 2 town hall meetings. Find information about upcoming Town Hall meetings in District 2 here.